With Australia’s aging population, it is unsurprising that Aged Care is a rapidly growing industry. There is an increasing array of accommodation and service options available to retirees, with more and more providers offering a diversity of different facilities including :
- Retirement Villages
- Over 50s Resorts
- Aged Care Centers
- Nursing Homes
It is becoming increasingly challenging for Aged Care providers to “stand out from the crowd” and effectively promote and market their offerings.
Why a Virtual Tour ?
For a whole lot of reasons, Virtual Tours are a fantastic way to showcase Aged Care facilities to potential residents (and their families). Some of the advantages a Virtual Tour has over traditional marketing strategies include :
- Innovative – a Virtual Tour is a unique and innovative way for potential resident to “experience” and interact with your facilities
- Multi Use – there are many ways your Virtual Tour can be used. It can be embedded into a Website, posted onto Social Media, emailed as a link, or experienced via a Virtual Reality (VR) Headset
- Reusable – once you have a Virtual Tour setup, it can be used and re-used multiple times… Only needing refreshing/updating if you have a significant change in the physical appearence or layout of your facility
- Easy Access – a Virtual Tour can be available to anyone with Internet Access. Potential residents do not have to physically visit your location to get a taste of the facilities you offer. This is ideal for Remote, Interstate or even International prospects
- Ease of Use – most people find using and navigating a Virtual Tour fairly intuitive and are able to use it with little or no instruction
- Time to Market – typically we would be able to create and publish your Virtual Tour within 7-10 days of the photoshoot (large or very sophisticated VTs may take a little longer)
- Emotional Attachment – because of the interactive process involved in undertaking a Virtual Tour, and the “control” the user has over their experience, it naturally becomes a more emotional experience than is possible with photos or video (which offer very little in the way of participation).
- Extra Information – a Virtual Tour can include hotspots and extra functionality to help showcase your facility, such as :
- Your Branding/Logo
- Links to a website
- “Call Now” Link to directly dial a phone number
- Menu system / Navigation
- Hotspots with popup Information, Photos or Video
- Background Sound
- and more…
Virtual Tour Options
There are a variety of different types of Virtual Tours and associated available for Aged Care facility providers, at a range of costs and offering a variety of different features
Google Virtual Tour
This types of tour is probably the one that is most widely noticed…. because it is accessible directly from Google Search / Google Maps, and can also be embedded into a website, sent as a link, or added into social media. It is the simplest Virtual Tour to setup and publish, but has relatively limited features. Examples :
Standalone Virtual Tour
Standalone Virtual Tours are the most popular style of VTs for the Aged Care/Retirement Industry because they allow you to include Logo/Branding information and offer a wide variety of features and functionality, including Hotspots, Menu Navigation, Image/Video Popups, Background Audio, Auto Rotation… and more… Examples :
Individual 360° Panospheres
An Individual 360° Panosphere is a single interactive image – usually published to Google Maps. It doesn’t include navigation/walkthrough capabilities or fancy features, but can be added to Google Maps, embedded into your website, or posted to social media. Examples :
Street View Tours
If your facility includes public road access, then it will (probably) eventually be covered by Googles Street View… However you are likely to be waiting years before the Street View Car is scheduled to visit your development. We can shoot and publish (to Google Maps) Street View Tours which are available from Google Maps much sooner without having to wait for Google). Examples :
Aerial 360° Panosphere
Like an Individual 360° Panosphere, an Aerial Panosphere is a single interactive image, but it provides an aerial perspective (taken from a drone) and provides a great way to showcase the location/community Examples :
All Virtual Tours can be viewed from a mobile device or a desktop, however, it is also possible to view most (sometimes with extra customisation) via a Virtual Reality Headset such as the Oculus Go (a Standalone VR Headset with excellent image quality). This is a much more immersive experience and is a fantastic way to showcase your facility at Expos or Trade Shows.
What About Costs?
Prices for a 360° Photo or Virtual Tour to showcase your Retirement Facility, start from as little as $120 for an Individual Photosphere ranging up to several thousand dollars for a large sophisticated Standalone Virtual Tour.